Monday, May 28, 2007

Baltimore Oriole


These pictures were taken during May 2007 in our back yard. We had two pair nesting on our property last summer and it seems they plus all their siblings have returned. If you're trying to attract Orioles, an orange cut in half and stuck on the stub of a branch works well. You can also get Oriole feeders which are similar to Hummingbird feeders, but have a larger opening. My wife tells me that my choice of a Flowering Almond branch as a perch was a bad choice because the pink clashes with the orange on the Oriole. Myself, I like it but what do I know. What do you think?





















































2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why am I not surprised that your wife would try to match the colour of the flowers with the bird?

Anonymous said...

Fred, I think that the pink and orange are such drastic differences that it looks great! Just my opinion since you asked.