Friday, November 27, 2009

Cross Spider

This picture was taken on November 23rd, 2009 at the NABA Butterflly Park, Mission Texas. I think it is a member of the Cross Spider family, but I don't know the exact name. If you do, please let me know. Spiders have 8 legs compared to insects which usually have 6. Spiders also have. As well, spiders usually have 8 eyes. Double click on the image to enlarge it and see how many eyes you can count. I wish I would have got another shot of this guy to show the eyes a lot better. I think there is 8 eyes on the back section of his body but there are 4 more spots on the front part of his body that could be eyes. What do you think? I would love to hear from someone that knows more about spiders than me.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Wow, that's the most beautiful spider I've ever seen. Glad it's only in a picture!

Arti said...

sorry, no idea !But the pattern on his back looks fascinating:)great photo,Fred.