Thursday, March 25, 2010

Wild Turkey, Tom (or male)

These pictures were taken on February 19th, 2010 at Choke Canyon State Park. Choke Canyon is a State Park that naturalists should just love. On the one afternoon that I was there with my friend, Larry Johnson, we had close-up views of a flock of wild Turkeys, 20 or 30 White Tailed Deer, Red Tailed Hawks, Crested Caracara plus the Northern Jacana. Unfortunately, I had problems with my camera and although I got some so so shots, they weren't as good as they should have been. Those pictures follow. For those who might be interested, there is also camping at Choke Canyon and the sites are very spacious, so if you're looking for a quiet vacation with lots of space between campsites, and want to observe lots of wildlife, you might want to consider Choke Canyon.



No comments: